To know us a little better...
Canosphereis all about four of Dordogne’s children cominghome. For many years we have lived afar: we have taught abroad, moved in cultural and diplomatic circles, managed logistics for humanitarians, carried out sometimes perilous missions and toured the world in order to know it better in order to share our experience.
Like our work, the Dordogne satisfies our urge for curiosity, a taste for the unknown and an ever-lasting discovery of world’s beauty. All this time, Perigord has been our refuge, uniting the four of us around our love for the river and for canoeing; therefore we decided to give birth to Canosphere!
Here is how it became reality:
Winter 2018: an evening sharing happy memories together, a few jokes to test the companies’ wits then quickly back to more earthly concerns and our need for commitment. We agreed that our varied travels and our professional duties both in France and overseas have made us aware of what is urgent in the world. We observed that Perigord is unharmed for the moment, but here and there we have noticed a drop in the butterfly population, fewer and fewer fresh water springs and the increasing efforts birds and fish have to make in order to follow their migratory routes.
The evening drew to an end with us exhausted at the prospect of impending catastrophes leading to a short term ecological chaos. So, the very next day we decided to act for our river by giving back some of what it gave us, and being active for its future.
Making this future come true is now today’s concern! The whole of the Dordogne basin was classified as UNESCO BIOSPHERE RESERVE in July 2012. Since then several have been implemented and tested to enable biodiversity conservation, cultural valorisation and social and economic development all to coexist in harmony. We strongly believe that ecoresponsable canoeing can participate in respecting the balance of nature. . This is the conviction that gave birth to Canosphere in December 2018
CanoSphère est un projet de partage où nous offrons à la fois des randonnées sur la rivière et sur les chemins mais aussi une programmation culturelle, une terrasse gourmande avec son coin lecture ombragé au bord de l’eau. This project also reflects the strong engagement of4 local guys willing to share with you the richness ofour DordogneValieywhEie respecting nature and human values. Nevertheless the Dordogne is a!so a fragile environment and needs our heip
In terms of eco-responsibility:
- Asf ar as ecosensibility goes, we endeavour to finance nature protection programmes : in choosîng our offer of canoes you too participate. As share of the priceyou pay goes to those programs; thus you too are aware of the need for a green and responsible tourism. Click here if you wish to take part in our Facebook poil.
- Join various activities iike the « 1% for the planet »
- Help in promoting a local économie circuit and a change in our practises in order tominimise our impact on nature, (using green « ecocert » products).
- Usinga 100%green eiectricîty, we helpenergetic transition : forthe runningofourbase and « guinguette » (bar), we use Enercoop . this furnisher of electricity promotes a responsible source of energy and involves ioca! citizens.
- Creating a convivial place where to meet and exchange knowiedge and expériences help mutuaf understanding between people. Organising concerts, forums and various events is a good way of making this river betterl-known.
Finally our professional backgrounds have made us aware of the real sense of hospitality. Justasyou/we have used différent offersoftouristicactivities; with Canosphère we believe in INTERACTSNG with you, in quality service and warm réception of our clients. Thèse are key notions to ouractivityshared byourwholeteam . These are key notions to our activity shared by our whole team
Welcome to our poetical, nature friendly and open to all world. Welcome to CanoSphere.